Born in Malone NY in 1968 , Aric began training Kyokushin Karate in 1977 and youth boxing through the Golden Gloves program at the local YMCA. at the age of 8. He continued his training, earning 3rd degree Black Belt in 1997. Martial arts & weight lifting are an integral aspect of Aric's life, and a life long pursuit. His passion for training is only matched by his love and commitment to his lovely wife, Heidi and their four children.
Aric Conto has competed in martial arts tournaments regularly for over 30 years in Western Boxing, Full Contact Karate Fighting, Judo & JiuJitsu. From 1994-1998, Aric for the Department Of Corrections as a member of the special P.E.R.T. team, handling cell extractions, disturbances and riots state wide.
Aric has been training with Sifu Gordon Wicks in Golden Harmony Kung Fu since 2011 and brings his vast experience to Golden Harmony Kung Fu as a basics training instructor. We are honored to have this dedicated martial artist in our ranks.
- Received Shodan (1st degree black belt) in Kyokushin Karate in 1986
- Received Sandan (3rd degree black belt ) Kyokushin Karate in 1997
- Muay Thai Boxing under Kumron Vaitayanon- 1998-1999 Lorton, VA
- Purple Belt - Jiu-Jitsu 2000-2004
- Ikkyu, 1st Kyu Brown Belt -Okinawan Shorin Ryu, Zentokukai Karate Association 2005-2008
- Boxing at Elsemere/Tiberi Boxing Gym, 2006-2007
- Ikkyu, 1st Kyu Brown Belt- Judo, 2008-2011
- Golden Harmony Kung Fu, 2011-Present